Documents associated with this entity:

Leipzig music publisher, retailer, and hire library.

The firm of C. F. Kahnt of Leipzig, founded by Christian Friedrich Kahnt in 1851, published the Neue Zeitschrift für Musik from 1857 to 1928, and was Franz Liszt's publisher, and also the publisher of Gustav Mahler's Sixth Symphony in 1906. It was one of Max Reger's principal publishers. The company was sold to Wilhelm Auerbach in 1882, and its name was changed to C. F. Kahnt Nachfolger in 1886.

It published theory works by Hugo Riemann and Arnold Schering.

Contributor:

  • Ian Bent

Download all selected files as or or (check files to select/deselect)
Where appropriate save: English and German versions German version only English version only

Correspondence