Documents associated with this entity:

Viennese coffee merchant, established in 1862.

The original Julius Meinl store was located on the Fleischmarkt, in Vienna's 1st district (Innere Stadt), specializing in roasting and grinding high-quality coffee. In 1891, it opened a branch in the Neustiftgasse, in the 7th district (Neubau); by 1901 it had sixteen branches, by 1909 forty-eight branches, and in 1912 it opened a large new store in 16th district, which sold also wine, oil, preserves and jams. After 1918, it expanded into other countries of the former Austro-Hungarian Empire. It is still trading, and its main store is now on the Graben.

Sources:

Contributor:

  • Marko Deisinger

Download all selected files as or or (check files to select/deselect)
Where appropriate save: English and German versions German version only English version only

Diaries